About The Hospice & Palliative Care Association of New York State (HPCANYS)
The Hospice and Palliative Care Association of New York State (HPCANYS) is a not-for-profit organization representing hospice and palliative care programs, allied organizations and individuals that are interested in the development and growth of quality, comprehensive end-of-life services.
Founded in 1978 as the New York State Hospice Association, HPCANYS changed its name to Hospice and Palliative Care Association in 2000 to better reflect its role in fostering accessible, quality palliative and end-of-life care. The Association is headquartered in Albany, New York and serves members statewide. Member services include advocacy, education, research, public engagement, communications, peer groups, and technical assistance on a broad range of topics and issues.
- The Association provides a strong, active voice for patients and their families. We advocate for public policy-both state and federal, and legislative and regulatory-that promotes accessible, quality end-of-life care.
- Professional education is a priority for the Association, and we offer a wide variety of educational programs to meet the needs of our members.
- The Association promotes research and supports public engagement activities that bring the hospice and palliative care message to the public.
- Communication is provided through our quarterly newsletter, "The Reporter," the weekly electronic newsletter, "Hospice News Network," as well as Provider Memos.
- Peer group meetings provide members an opportunity to share information and ideas.
- To effectively represent our members, it is imperative that we form partnerships and engage in collaborative efforts. HPCANYS is a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), the National Association for Home Care, the Hospice Association of America, the Partnership for Caring, and the Home Care Association of New York State (HANYS).
HPCANYS Annual Report
To read ‘HPCANYS 2013 Annual Report’ or to learn more about HPCANYS work, services and members click here.